Where can I dispose of residential garden chemicals, like old pesticides?

Some pesticides are accepted at Product Care Recycling depots throughout the province. In order for pesticides to be accepted they MUST have a poison symbol (skull and cross bones) AND a "Pest Control Product" registration number (eg: REG# 12345 PCP ACT) on the label.

Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Product Care depots will also accept older DDT-containing pesticides back for safe disposal regardless of labelling information. Other less hazardous pesticides should be used up or stored safely until next season. Call the RCBC Recycling Hotline or search the RCBC Recyclepedia for depot locations and other options for your garden chemicals.

Back to Main FAQ's page